We're looking for an innovative, team-player who is interested in joining our Microgrid Project Development Engineer team. As our next Project Development Engineer, you will be our technical liaison with the Sales Team in the pre-sale development of an opportunity's scope, costing, and application while meeting client design intent. You will also, play a critical role in the post-sale phase of the project partnering with the project management team.
Our Project Development Engineer serves as a trusted advisor who understands the challenges faced by our prospects, customers, and our industry. We need someone who has knowledge and relevant work experience of Microgrid offerings such as diesel and natural gas generation, BESS, PV systems, fuel cells, wind, etc.) and a clear understanding of Microgrid technologies (hydrogen, plant-based diesel, etc.).
Before you apply, please make sure you meet the following requirements:
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related technical degree. Electrical Engineering discipline is preferred for this role!
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience as an electrical consultant, application/development engineer or related industry position
- Strong CAD skills are required.
- Electrical Engineering Skills will be subject to an assessment.
Here is a list of Knowledge, Skills and Abilities, we expect from our Project Development Engineers:
- Understands Codes and Standards Interpretation and Application (NEC, NFPA, IBC, IEEE, etc.)
- Ability to develop concept drawings sets (Electrical One-line Diagrams, Site Layouts, etc.)
- Strong Commercial and Industrial Electrical power systems knowledge, application analysis and estimating skills
- Strategic and analytical thinking skills.
- High attention to detail and process oriented
- Review of specifications, drawings, or customer requests to determine project scope, schedule, risk and all technical delivery requirements.
- Understanding of utility interconnect applications and management of the process.
- Assist and participate in new product offering discussions, maintain an awareness of industry product and technology trends for various product lines and applications.
- Learn and understand the PowerSecure energy solutions and overall business models.
- Be familiar with the sales process, strategic goals and project delivery requirements.
- Be a technical liaison for the Sales team.
- Work closely with sales staff, product engineering and manufacturing leads to ensure complete and shared project understanding.
- Assist sales in the development of project scope, schedule, risk, and project information management.
- Effective communication with internal team members for estimate/proposal development.
- Participate as requested in company training events, applicable industry and product related training or certification classes and marketing – industry sector events.
- Passion to contribute in a fast-growing corporate environment and leading edge Microgrid system design-build firm.
- Post-sale engineering project management
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to balance multiple projects and documentation requirements effectively.
- Effective prioritization and management of pre-sale and post-sale tasks within ERP system
- Travel as necessary to client project, vendor, job site and event locations
- Ability to read and communicate in English.
- Maintain a commitment to overall professional development.
- Ability to develop and lead projects.
- Ability to present and lead customer meetings.
- Ability to specify and obtain accurate vendor quotes.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Limited local travel will be required (Less than 10%)
- Must be able to work in an office environment with a lot of sitting
- Must be able to tolerate a full day of computer screen viewing
- Professional office environment - Some walking will be required to browse projects on the shop floor if necessary.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the position. All employees may have additional duties assigned based on business requirements.
PowerSecure, a Southern Company subsidiary, is a leading provider of innovative energy solutions to electric utilities and their industrial, institutional, and commercial customers.
We invest in high-value and cost-effective benefits for our employees. Our benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage
- Competitive pay and a matching 401 (k) plan
- Vacation, Company Holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO- personal and sick days)
- Flexible spending accounts/Health savings account
- Wellness Incentive Programs
- Employee Referral Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
PowerSecure is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. This position is not open to third party recruiters.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
MAIL & PHONE
PO Box 33615
Raleigh, NC 27636